On Friday, when I searched Homewood Suites Phoenix, I realize now that the first ad that appeared on the page was the Hilton ad. I do not believe the banner said “Official Site.” I cannot recall. I believe it was just the site that said Hilton.com – Hilton Homewood Suites. The second ad on the page said “Homewood Suites Phoenix – Biltmore Area" and then gave the address of 2001 E Highland Ave. That is the one that I clicked on, and that brought me to the page that appeared to be a Hilton page. Honestly I just thought it was another Hilton site that would diminish my need to search for a location once I entered the site. There was no clear indication that I was on a site such as Hotels.com, Trivago, Travelocity or the like.
Once I entered the site I decided to call because I wanted to ensure that I could bring my dog and I was uncertain regarding the length of my stay. To be fair, the phone message says something like “thank you for calling the reservation sales and support center,” but given all the brands under the Hilton umbrella I was not caught off guard. I spoke with the agent and explained my situation. He stated he would just book me for the three nights and if I needed an additional stay I could just extend at the hotel. I agreed to three nights and provided him with my credit card number. I was under the impression that I was still dealing with Hilton. I was never advised that the charge would be to Hotel Book Online.
I became aware of this problem on Saturday morning as I was trying to log on to the internet. I decided it would be best for me to join the Hilton Honors program because most of the hotels I choose to stay at are under the Hilton brand. I then called down to ask to have my current stay added to my new account and was shocked to learn that I had booked through a third party. I showed the ad to Annette and she initially noticed that the rates were not the same as the hotel rates, they were 40% higher. At this point I looked for a receipt and realized that I had not received one.
I now notice that the number I initially called, 1-800-296-1330, is not even listed on the website when I click through. Currently the website has a number of 1-844-206-6845, the number that was listed on the website on Saturday when I saved the screen shot was 844-220-8535. When I called and asked for the CEO I was given a customer support number of 855-475-0010.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This report concerns a bed and breakfast (B&B) located at 48 Via Romana, Florence, Tuscany, 50125 Italy. The B&B is operated by Valerie and is named "Bellissima grande stanza..."
- "Tucson! After years of saving, and a career change on the part of my wife (she became an RN), we'd finally arrived! This was to be both the first..."
- "Welcome to The Lakeside Resort Shree Vilas, at Lake Pichola Eco Friendly Lakeside Resort in Udaipur Famous Lake Pichola is the main attraction of Udaipur, the maximum length and the breadth of the..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife..."
- "I had a exam in March 2016 took 1 hour took script to be filled at another place turns out wrong script had headaches so went to dr pt and..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "These are supposed to be two Mexican pizzas. We went to the Taco Bell drive through at 43rd ave. and Bell rd. in Phoenix, AZ. August 24th..."
- "Bought a box of Cella's Dark chocolate covered cherries with liquid center at a CVS. This evening I sat down with a new box of chocolate covered cherries. I picked..."
- "Ava's flowers is a fraud! I paid $120 for a gourmet basket. I was horrified when my friend sent me a picture of what she received! I was so embarrassed...."