On Friday, when I searched Homewood Suites Phoenix, I realize now that the first ad that appeared on the page was the Hilton ad. I do not believe the banner said “Official Site.” I cannot recall. I believe it was just the site that said Hilton.com – Hilton Homewood Suites. The second ad on the page said “Homewood Suites Phoenix – Biltmore Area" and then gave the address of 2001 E Highland Ave. That is the one that I clicked on, and that brought me to the page that appeared to be a Hilton page. Honestly I just thought it was another Hilton site that would diminish my need to search for a location once I entered the site. There was no clear indication that I was on a site such as Hotels.com, Trivago, Travelocity or the like.
Once I entered the site I decided to call because I wanted to ensure that I could bring my dog and I was uncertain regarding the length of my stay. To be fair, the phone message says something like “thank you for calling the reservation sales and support center,” but given all the brands under the Hilton umbrella I was not caught off guard. I spoke with the agent and explained my situation. He stated he would just book me for the three nights and if I needed an additional stay I could just extend at the hotel. I agreed to three nights and provided him with my credit card number. I was under the impression that I was still dealing with Hilton. I was never advised that the charge would be to Hotel Book Online.
I became aware of this problem on Saturday morning as I was trying to log on to the internet. I decided it would be best for me to join the Hilton Honors program because most of the hotels I choose to stay at are under the Hilton brand. I then called down to ask to have my current stay added to my new account and was shocked to learn that I had booked through a third party. I showed the ad to Annette and she initially noticed that the rates were not the same as the hotel rates, they were 40% higher. At this point I looked for a receipt and realized that I had not received one.
I now notice that the number I initially called, 1-800-296-1330, is not even listed on the website when I click through. Currently the website has a number of 1-844-206-6845, the number that was listed on the website on Saturday when I saved the screen shot was 844-220-8535. When I called and asked for the CEO I was given a customer support number of 855-475-0010.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My wife and I booked a room through hotels.com at a Sterling Resorts Splash in Florida — 17698 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413. When we arrived..."
- "1st photo is above the mirror/sink area when you walk in. The light hood is broke and filthy. 2nd photo where a water sprinkle system use to be. And also now..."
- "Stayed at Motel 6 in Woodland Wash. 3 weekends ago because I was cleaning out and packing up my recently deceased mother. When I checked out I informed the..."
- "Their food sucks as well as their customer service… They seem worse to me... I got wings that were delivered to my door and went straight into the trash! Total..."
- "I made a reservation through a trust account, securing a room for approximately 14 days. I left after 3 days with a headache and upset stomach, possibly caused by a..."
- "Bought a box of Cella's Dark chocolate covered cherries with liquid center at a CVS. This evening I sat down with a new box of chocolate covered cherries. I picked..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "Harry and David has gone down hill and I will never order from them again. I recently d a box of "Royal Riviera Pears". These are NOT the Royal Riviera..."