I called what I thought was Days Inn in Monroeville, PA last Thursday, 6/12/14, to make a reservation for next weekend. I got the number off of Google, never thinking twice. While on the phone with the "reservations clerk", I got an email confirming my stay, but also stating that the entire amount had been charged to my card. Since I still had the representative on the phone, I told her I had never heard of this practice before and wanted to cancel the reservation. After sitting on hold for several minutes and being transferred to the another department, my cancellation was taken care of. I was told it would take up to 7 days to be posted back on my debit card.

I called Days Inn today (6/15/14) to inquire about the refund and was told that they never charge before you check out and that this was done through Expedia. So, I called my bank to see if the credit was pending and if there was any way they could release the hold. They most definitely can, but will need a letter from "Expedia". I then proceeded to call the number on my confirming email to request the letter, asked for a supervisor, and was given the run around of all run-arounds.

They apparently don't have a fax machine, they don't have the tools to make a conference call, they don't have a street or mailing address other than telling me they're located in Utah, and there's no other number to reach them other than the one I called. I am so furious!! I called my bank to make them aware that this company is a scam. A claim has been started against them. Now I just have to wait and see if/when my money is posted back to my account.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I had no clue that I was, so check and double check when making reservations.

Had an Experience with Reservation Counter?

Comments

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #829195

"I got the number off of Google, never thinking twice."

Well there's your first mistake right there, you should be aware of WHERE you are making your reservation.

Secondly, you need to make it a habit of reading what you're agreeing to BEFORE you click the 'Accept' button. Expedia reservations are almost always NON REFUNDABLE, and it TELLS YOU THAT.

This was the fault of your own ignorance, and I sincerely hope you learned a lesson.

You should delete this post, and feel embarrassed.